Monday, May 21, 2007

This and that






I decided to make a lunchbag out of the oilcloth I bought a while ago using this pattern. I like how it came out, I'll probably give it to my mom. This was my first time working with oilcloth and I can see why a teflon foot is recommended!



Saturday I went on the Handcrafts on Grand Shop Hop sponsored by The Yarnery, Treadle Yard Goods, and The Bead Monkey in Saint Paul. It was a lot of fun, you got acard stamped at each shop to be entered in a big giveaway. I picked up some more fabric, a couple of skeins of hand dyed cotton yarn, and a pattern that I've been looking for:

I really like the idea of a lightweight short sleeved cardigan to use as a layering piece. I'm definately a layering kind of gal.

Eeee, I'm excited, tomorrow I get to go see Black Rebel Motorcyle Club at First Avenue in Minneapolis!!!!! My boyfriend is coming along but I don't think he'll enjoy himself too much.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I have been coveting cardigans lately, I also am all about the layering. Have you seen the other cardigan pattern using that yarn? (See http://www.calyarn.com/colorcardpages/artfulolympic-cc.htm).
I would probably make it solid rather than striped, but I love the scoop neck and shortened sleeves.

I've got the Martha cardigan in Rowan 4 ply cotton on my "to-knit" list (a picture can be seen here: http://flickr.com/photos/pknitty/119139367/).

VeganCraftastic said...

Oooh, the Martha cardigan is cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...