Thursday, June 21, 2007

Painting is Hard

Really, it is. The boy and I have been painting the living room for forever and a day, but we're finally done. Well, we still have to bring everything back into the room that we stashed in the front closet. It is sooo horrifying in that closet. Anyway, the paint is from Ace Hardware and the color is called Grasshopper Wing. It's a bright green and I absolutely love it! The trim is a nice bright white, much better than the hideous cream of doom that the room used to be. Now I need to get serious about buying some organizational stuff for my craft supplies. I want one of those white laminate cabinets to put some things in, well I don't WANT one, but that's about what my budget will allow. I have my yarn stored pretty well, but my paper crafting stuff and my sewing gear is pretty out of control.






With all the work going on, there hasn't been much time for making stuff. But when I was going through the new Patternworks catalog, I saw something that I just have to make:



It's from the Nashua Handknits Collection #4 and I love it! It's made in Nashua Ecologie cotton, which I've never used before. I love the natural colors it comes in, but I don't think they'd look too good on me. I tend to look washed out and oogy in the oatmealy kind of colors, so I'll have to find a substitution. I also need to get some needles. I'll be ordering my Knit Picks options needles soon and I'm very excited! I love Addi Turbos but I can't really afford to have them in every size. If anyone has any opinions on the options needles, I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Your living room looks great! I need to ask my landlord if we can paint the walls (even just one accent wall per room would be nice) because this white business is freaking me out. I really want some turquoise and orange...

Regarding the Options needles, I love mine! They're very smooth, and I think I prefer the pointy tips. The cables have very little memory, although they do have some. They're a bit heavier than bamboo, but clearly lighter than regular aluminum (the Options needles are hollow nickel, but you probably know that already). My wrists have been bothering me so I've ditched straights entirely, and now I just knit back and forth on my Options circs for flat knitting. I definitely recommend them! I will say, though, that I'm not as big of a fan of their dpns (sold separately); I find that the ones I'm not currently working hang heavily in the back and I don't like that, so I've kept most of my bamboo dpns. I haven't figured out if I get different gauge with metal versus bamboo, so combining both doesn't seem to be too problematic at this time.

She'saCraftyOne said...

My living room is the same color! Great choice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...