Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Progress

Holy cow, I made a heel! I'm actually making something that looks like a sock! I'm so excited and very proud of myself and my first sockyness. See:


I just hope I don't run out of yarn because of my big feet. I think the pattern is for a size 8 and I wear a 10. Hopefully I'll make it with the 2 balls I have.
Mmmm, I can smell brownies baking, I'm making some because my parents are coming to visit tomorrow. If you don't have the book La Dolce Vegan by Sara Kramer, it's worth it just for the brownie recipe. Seriously.

7 comments:

Guinifer said...

I bet you'll have plenty of yarn to finish your socks - I'm always surprised at how much yarn I have left.

torrance said...

Is this your first sock?
That's so weird to me, 'cos in finland we had to knit socks in the 7th grade.. I don't remember if I ever even finished them. I hated knitting back then :)

VeganCraftastic said...

Yup, it's my first sock!

Anonymous said...

wow - you are such a speedy knitter, have you knit socks before, as I'm on my first one ever and its taking me ages!

You are giving me lots of ideas for your next no sheep secret package....

Michelle said...

Wow, looks great! I wear a size 11 shoe, and I cut it kind of close with a 6" leg. So if the leg of your sock is at or under 6", I think you'll be fine. :)

You may want to learn toe-up socks next; you get to try them on as you go, and stop anywhere on the leg you want or until you run out!

VeganCraftastic said...

Oh good, I only did a 4" leg, so I should be good. The pattern called for a 6 1/2" leg, but I thought that might be too long for me. And yes, I would like to try a toe up pattern for my next pair of socks. But maybe I should rescue that pair of broadripple socks before that...

Vegan Knitting said...

I also have big feet and I also like my legs shorter. I just finished a toe-up sock for the first time and since I was making up a pattern, I didn't know how much yarn I'd need so I did a leg that was about 4 1/2 and I had just enough. But I was using a different yarn. It looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...