Saturday, July 14, 2007

Hempathy



Has anyone tried this yarn? It's Hempathy by Elsbeth Lavold. I got a skein for someone for a swap (no sheep) and kept thinking I needed one of my own. So I brought one home today from Borealis. I love that yarn store, especially now since you get an extra $5 punched on the punch card if you bring in the reusable shopping bag they have there. Whee, I'm only $25 in punches away from filling up my card and getting $20 of free goodness. Oh, right, back to the yarn. I also got a pattern for it, it's a Fiber Trends pattern for a bath cloth and soap carrier thing. I don't know, there was a shop sample and it was cute so yeah.



Oh, and I bought a slice of vegan cookies and cream cake from Whole Foods. It's Chicago Diner, which is good for the most part, although this is the only cake I like from them, the others are too dry for my taste. The chocolate monster cookies they have are amazing though!

2 comments:

Cass said...

Oh YUM that looks good!

And the cake does too! ;)

i've used Hempathy, and seem to have a habit of buying it every time I go to a LYS. It gets softer with use and wear. And the stitch definition is great. It is a tad tough on the hands though. It sticks to my wood needles, but works well on my highly polished bamboo. HTH!

Carla said...

Mmmm, I loved the Chicago Diner when I was there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...