Sunday, July 08, 2007

I'm Back!

Whooo, I just got back from a little trip up to northern Minnesota to visit the parents. Here's me and the boy with Paul Bunyan in Bemidji:








The boy cooked a lot for the family while we were up there, but my favorite thing was the (of couse) vegan sushi:





I got very little knitting done while I was up there though, maybe one row on my Broadripple sock. For some reason, I can never do anything productive in the car. I'm either staring out the window thinking, or talking with whoever is driving. But yesterday, when it was 101 degrees out, I bought yarn to make the Lucy in the Sky cardigan!!! I got six skeins of Cotton Ease in blue, they were a dollor off each so I was happy. But I wish they would make that yarn in some more colors. I really wanted to get the charcoal color, but they were all out at Michaels and I can't find Cotton Ease anywhere else in the Twin Cities. Oooh, this is going to be my first sweater ever! I fully expect to make some terrible mistake and have it come out with three arms or something, but that's ok! I cast on today and have one row done on the body:


3 comments:

torrance said...

I have once ate vegan sushi..and I don't think I'll eat it again. There's just something about sweet rice that I can't stand

(It seems we share the intrest in "bigger" boys ;) )

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're embracing all things big ;)

No Sheep Secret Pal

VeganCraftastic said...

Hee hee, thanks for the comments! And Torrance, I think sushi is one of those things that people either love or hate. I'm just glad I love it and have someone to make it for me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...