Friday, August 10, 2007
Vegan Pal 2 Questionnaire
I've been crocheting for about 2 years, knitting for about 1 year, and sewing/quilting for around 6 years. Right now, I'm most obsessed with the yarn crafts though.
1. What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them?
2. Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
I'm a vegan and have been for over 6 years now.
3. Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you?
I've done one other swap, the No Sheep For You swap. What was fun about that was picking things out for someone I didn't know and getting stuff I wouldn't normally buy for myself or couldn't find in my area. Meeting new knitting friends is fun too!
4. What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?
I love fall colors, burnt oranges and reds, purples and coffee browns. The only colors I don't like are pastels and really neutral colors. And I love variegated yarn!
5. Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?
I'm extremely lactose intolerant, I can't have any food that has the warning on the back about traces of milk products or foods that were processed in a factory that handles milk products. So that cuts out almost all vegan chocolate except Tropical Source which I love and want to marry.
Also, some cat hair makes me sneezy but it'll be ok as long as the cat doesn't get hair on whatever is coming to me.
6. Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?*
Nope, we can't have pets in the apartment. Wait, do sea monkeys count :)
7. Do you collect anything?
Hello Kitty or Sanrio anything!
8. Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)
I love peanut butter filled pretzels, chocolate, wasabi peas, Jello chocolate instant pudding, popcorn...yeah, lot's of stuff!
9. What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever - Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.)
Hmm, I'm very picky about Indian food, I like only a few things. I hate cloves with a passion and don't like savory dishes that have cinnamon in them.
10. What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)
Um, I never seem to have enough stitch markers and am constantly losing my needle gauge thing. I definitely have more than enough crochet hooks.
11. Are you on Ravelry? What's your handle?
Yup, I'm Kala on Ravelry.
12. Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
I'll love anything you pick out for me so don't sweat it!
13. What scents do you like/dislike?
Ok, I hate most scented things like candles and potpourri. The only things I like that are scented are citrus scented things like lotion or body wash.
14. Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme?
I love both so I'm completely open to whatever you would prefer. Autumn is my favorite season and Halloween is by far my favorite holiday.
15. Just for fun - tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory.
I used to love going trick or treating sooo much! Now I love going for walks when the trees are all pretty and the leaves are changing. Oh, and the candy...
Posted by VeganCraftastic at 2:33 PM