Saturday, August 25, 2007

Walkin' in a Rowan Wonderland

While not necessarily my favorite lys, The Yarnery in Saint Paul certainly has a robust selection of Rowan goodness. They've got tons of back issues of the magazine, lots of books, and yarn galore: All Seasons Cotton, Cotton Glace, 4 Ply Cotton, Calmer, Handknit Cotton.. and something new I bought today, Cotton Jeans. It's 100% cotton and has a lovely variegated look to it. The color I got was "Hemp" which doesn't make sense this yarn is purple but ok:




The yarn, like many Rowan yarns, was a bit expensive though. It was supposed to $8.20 but all of their cotton yarns were 20% off so it ended up being $6.56. And yay for there being no sales tax in Minnesota on yarn! There's no sales tax here for clothes or the materials used to make clothes. It's very pretty yarn though and is destined to be a much smaller version of Calorimetry.
Today the yarn store I went to was having it's 35th anniversay celebration and was giving away free yarn. I didn't have high hopes that it would be vegan so I wasn't dissapointed when the free gift was a thrummed mitten kit. I politely declined and told the clerk that I was vegan. They were also giving away door prizes and Hershey's chocolate kisses, the woman giving them out looked at me like I was nuts for turning down her chocolate, hah!

1 comment:

torrance said...

I love the colour of that yarn. Can't wait to see how it knits up.

I'm feeling fine, and I should even look ok soon enough. I just hope the cut doesn't leave too big of a scar on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...