Thursday, September 06, 2007

The C Word

It's coming you know. Just over 3 months until Christmas. A little scary if you're planning on making gifts for the people on your list. But I decided early this year not to stress myself out by waiting 'till the last minute to start stuff. So as of right now, I have this much done:







12 gifts done!!! I'm almost totally done with gift making for the holidays, I still want to make my dad a hat and maybe a pair of socks for my mom. And probably something cute for the boyfriend as well. Being this organized is unheard of for me, but it's nice to know that I'll avoid a big hunk of X-Mas stress.



Ooooh, I won a prize a little while ago on the Vegan Pal 2 blog:




2 skeins of South West Trading Company's Oasis (100% soy) in the Passion colorway, some really cute garden themed stitch markers, and the book Easy Knitted Accessories by Jeaneette Trotman.




Speaking of soy yarn, I was at Crafty Planet the other day and they had some Pure on clearance for $6 a ball. I was tempted because I've really been wanting to try this yarn out. But the store was so icky I had to leave. I've heard tons of people say that Crafty Planet has a weird old musty closet smell and now I know it's true. I had a full on allergy attack there so it's a good thing I passed on the yarn. I have 2 $5 off coupons for that store but I don't think I'll be going back there.

3 comments:

torrance said...

Oh my.. I haven't made any presents yet. And last year I started in July..

Congrats on winning the yarn. I've never tried soy yarn, but something tells me it's fabulous

theoneknitwonder said...

I've got to make socks for everyone this year! I made the mistake of showing off to everyone recently!

Plurimatic said...

if the CP folks get the problem fixed (they're working with the landlady) I hope you'll try 'em again. they really try hard to make a fun & community-focused atmosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...