Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Harvest






Aren't these cute? I finished them up yesterday, such a fun and quick knit!



Yarn: Cascade Pima Tencel (50% cotton/50% tencel)

Needles: US size 5 dpns

Adjustments: I used felt for the stems instead of i-cord and I used some floral wire for the curly parts.


The yarn for this project, the Cascade Pima Tencel, was one of the very first yarns I ever bought down here (twin cities). I bought it because it was sooooo soft and such a perfect fall/Halloween color. I so want a sweater out of this yarn, ok, not in orange but you know what I mean. It was absolutely lovely to knit with, so comfy for my fingers!




Here's some stuff my mom sent down from her garden:






Mmmmm, tomatillos and jalapenos! I'll probably be able to make a batch of chili verde, some salsa verde and probably have enough left over to make stuffed jalapenos. I love love love spicy food! We have some peppers growing outside the apartment window but they're taking forever to mature, we have some serranos and some cayenne peppers.

2 comments:

Vegan Knitting said...

Those are so cute! I've seen that pattern before but have not made any yet. You've given me a good idea, though...

There are several very nice tops using that yarn in Fitted Knits.

VeganCraftastic said...

Oooh, I didn't know that, I've looked through that book and really want to buy it but I didn't pay attention to the yarns called for. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...