Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hot Chocolate Makes Everything Better




It really does. Especially when I drink it out of my favorite mug that my best girlfriend got me at a Playboy party she went to. That and the massive amount of garlic I've been consuming is helping to kill off whatever evil disease I've had for the past few days. I hate being sick, but I guess everybody does. Today for breakfast I had an english muffin with four cloves of garlic and some Indian style extra spicy crushed red peppers mixed in with my Earth Balance. If you haven't had Earth Balance margarine, you must try it, it's crazy good, organic, and free of hydrogenated fats. I like the whipped kind best! But anyway, the garlic and spicy foods are really the only things that help when I'm sick. And hot chocolate of course! Have you tried this stuff?:







Oh my god, so so so good. And it's not even that bad for you, it only contains brown rice syrup, soy protein, natural gums, and natural flavors. It's the perfect thing to put in hot chocolate, especially since vegan marshmallows are so hard to find. I know I can order them, but it's not really worth it.




Knitting content? You want some knitting content? Well, ok. I've been working almost exclusively on my first sweater. I have a goal to finish it by the middle of next month. If I work on it every day like a good girl I think I can do it in plenty of time. Progress shot:








Ok, I need some opinions please! The pattern calls for the sleeves and the bottom of the cardi to have this kind of edging:





Here's the swatch draped over my hand to simulate the sleeve:


I can't decide whether or not I like the bumpy edging or if it looks stupid. The boyfriend says it looks nice but I don't think he'd tell me if it looks lame-o. So what do you think blogosphere, plain edging for the sweater or the fancy pants detailed edging it calls for?

5 comments:

LotusKnits said...

First, I have a love affair with Earth Balance. I won't buy anything else. And now I must find some rice mellow! YUM.

Second, I personally don't like a picot edging, because to me it takes too much effort and I don't see that then end result is worth it to me. I'm going to sit firmly in the camp of 'do a ribbed or rolled hem'.

Süßstoff said...

The first thing I thought when I saw your hot chocolate was "Why doesn't she tell me what she put on top?". I was relieved when you did, but also kind of disappointed cause there's no way I'll be able to buy that stuff around here.
Anyway, it looks really good and I can imagine that it helps you with feeling better.

Now to your question. I really like the fancy pants edging. I mean what other options are there? Compared to the typical thing I personally would say WAY nicer, but lotusknits is right: it's a lot more work...

Tracie said...

Mmm...I'm going to have to see if I can find some of that rice mellow cream and give it a try.

As for the sweater, I don't knit, but I do like the fancy edging. Judging from the photo in the link, I think the sweater would lose something if the edging was just straight across.

torrance said...

I don't think that the edgin is too fancy just a little cutesy. I like. I think you should do it.

I've been drinking a lot of hot chocholate these last few days too. I am so sick of sneezing by now.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the edging!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...