Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I wish I was sleeping...

...but I can't because it's icky hot in here. Someone turned the thermostat to 80 so now I'm going to die. Ok, maybe not, but I'm up waaaaay too early. Hey, I finished something! See:


The pattern is "lace hat" from the Holiday 2007 issue of Knit Simple. I used some of the Berroco Comfort that I got in the Vegan Pal 2 swap. I love that yarn! It's lovely to work with and very soft. It's a wee bit splitty but nothing that irritated me or anything, we're not talking about Microspun levels of epic splittiness. The pattern itself was great too, very easy to memorize and a lot of fun to knit. I knit this up mostly in one evening, I cast on and did a few rows of the twisted rib the night before. I was a bad girl and didn't swatch for this so I started making the large size, tried it on, and had to rip it out. Luckily I had only done some of the ribbing so it didn't make me crazy to frog it. I ended up making the small size and it worked out perfectly. Yay, new hat!




4 comments:

LotusKnits said...

Very pretty! Your microspun comment is dead on. Bleh. Splitty city!

Vegan Knitting said...

So cute!!!! I'd make one for my mom but I don't usually buy that magazine as I think a lot of the patterns are fugly. But perhaps I'll check it out at Barnes and Noble and ahem...take a few notes..ahem...

torrance said...

That hat is really cute

Süßstoff said...

Great pattern, love the color -> suits you very well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...