Monday, October 08, 2007

Sightings

As I'm getting closer to finishing my sweater, I've been thinking a lot about my next project. But I keep hearing that little voice telling me to finish up some of the things I already have on the needles. But I don't wanna! UFO show and tell:

Everlasting Bagstopper #2. My problem with this is that this yarn and this pattern make for uncomfy knitting. Fantasy Naturale is a fairly stiff yarn with little elasticity, I like it, but not for this pattern. I will finish this though because I'm pretty close to being done and it's gonna be for my mom.




Microwave Mitt # something or other. I think I've just made too many of these so I'm not excited about working on it. I might frog this and make something more thrilling.




Amigurumi Squirrel. I got the pattern for this off of craftster, it's a vintage pattern and there was no picture so I was taking a gamble. I don't like how it looks and don't think it's going to get any better. Frog!

Motorcycle Chica Gloves from Interweave. Sigh. I had really high hopes for these gloves, but I hate the big gaps between the fingers. I did a little internet digging and found that many people had this problem because the pattern doesn't have you pick up enough stitches to close the gap. These are my first gloves ever so I had no idea why it was happening. Also, the opening at the front doesn't hit at the exact center of my hand like it should and the strap is too long for my spindly wrists. Frog!
Hedera is also still in the works but I didn't take a new picture because I really haven't gotten any farther on them since the last picture. Bleh.
Oooh, there is something that I'm excited about, my boyfriend's sister is having another baby! That means I get to knit for a baby, tee hee!!! The wee one is due in June and I have a question for all my awesome readers. Is it appropriate to knit sweaters and stuff for a summer baby? Or should I stick with booties, hats, and bibs? I don't know much about babies so I appreciate any advice. I soooo want to get the book Itty Bitty Hats, so cute! I'm very excited that I get to knit baby things for other people since I don't want any kids of my own. My boyfriend doesn't want kids either, thank goodness! I've always had this fear that I would have this great relationship and find the perfect person and then it would fall apart because he wanted kids. Yay for finding my perfect match!

2 comments:

torrance said...

Oh I have bunch of UFO:s too.. And I have frogged a lot of them. Including the södera-socks.. I'm going to start knitting them again maybe next summer.

Too bad the Motorcycle Chica Gloves didn't work for you :(

I like fun yarn you have been using for the microwave mitt, and I think you should make something more thrilling with it.

Natalee Robbins said...

I have a few friends having babies in the summer. I still think its a great ideat to do winter things, they grow out of everything so fast, and winter comes before you know it!! N@

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...