Thursday, November 01, 2007

And I didn't even get trampled!

Five words: yarn store closing liquidation sale. The terror and the joy! Another lys is closing here in the twin cities, Clickey Sticks. I've only been there a couple of times but they have a pretty decent selection of vegan yarn, lots of colors of Panda Cotton and Maizy. Yesterday, I went to the first day of the liquidation sale, hoping it wouldn't be tooooo crazy. Well, it was mighty mighty crowded and there were a few yarn avalanches but I didn't get crushed or anything so I'm happy. See the loot:





I gave myself a $60 budget and stuck to it, I actually came in a few dollars under. I got 6 skeins of Cascade Luna (100% Peruvian Cotton) in various colors. Oh my god, this stuff is soooo soft, I just keep petting it. I got 2 each in green, aqua, and brown. I'm thinking hat or wrist warmers. I also got 2 skeins of Maizy in cactus, a cute springy green color, and 2 skeins of Panda Cotton in fuchsia, an eye searing pink. I picked up a pair of Daisy knitting needles because I've been wanting to try some for a while. I also got a back issue of Knit Scene that I've been wanting, yay!


The yarn fairy was indeed kind to me yesterday, the yarn I ordered from kpixie came as well:


I got 7 skeins of Karabella vintage cotton in a lovely brown color. They were on sale at kpixie so I got about $10 off, whoo hoo! This is just enough to make Josephine or something similar at least. This was my first time ordering from them and I was very, very impressed by the speed. I will definitely be ordering from them again in the future.

1 comment:

torrance said...

Nice! Mmmmmm.. I want more yarn too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...