Monday, November 05, 2007

Baby it's cold outside

But I don't want the nice fall weather to go away! It's 38 outside right now with less than pleasant 30-40 mph winds, boo hoo. I'm dreading going out later to the post office, but I have to mail out my mom's birthday presents so there's no getting out of it.



Hey, I'm learning how to do cables! I'm making a swatch, basically I'm just doing some of the Irish Hiking Scarf from Hello Yarn. See:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm using Cotton Ease and size 8 needles, I thin I should go down a size if I ever want to make the full scarf. And then there's this problem:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Is this happening because I'm not pulling things tight enough after the cabling bit? Eh, luckily it's just a practice piece.

The November issue of Magknits is up! The Hoodie Baby Blanket looks like a cute gift to make, plus it's made out of Cotton Ease.

Hmmm, I guess I better get ready to brave the cold, I'm such a baby!

4 comments:

craftyminx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
craftyminx said...

Your cables look great! And don't worry those holes are always there, it is where the cables cross, but you can't see them when you have the piece on.

LotusKnits said...

I love the Irish Hiking Scarf. So simple, yet so lovely. And I second the thought on the cable holes. You could pull a little tighter if you want, but the holes will still be there.

torrance said...

it's freaking cold in here too.. i don't like winter.

good job on the cables! the holes will be there, but if you pull the yarn a little tighter the holes will be smaller

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...