Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Booties and Such

Hey, I finished something!:




The pattern, as you probably know, it seems like everyone and their uncle has knit these booties, is Saartje's Bootees by Saartje de Bruijn. I used 2 colors of Patons Grace, a 100% mercerized cotton. It's wonderful and comes in some really fun colors so I believe I'll be using it again in the near future.


Tonight was knit night at Borealis, lot's of fun as usual. It's great to sit and knit and see what everyone else is working on and oooh and ahhh over the finished projects. I was working on my capelet which probably wasn't wise because I think I might have screwed up the lace. And of course I bought yarn! They have waaaay too many colors of Panda Cotton and Maizy there, it's eeeevil. I finally got my hands on the strawberry lime colorway of Panda Cotton:





I also picked up some yarn for the baby pants I'm going to make for my boyfriend's sister. Well, for her baby, you know what I mean! It's Plymouth Yarn's Dreambaby DK and it's 50% acrylic - 50% nylon. Soooo soft, I want it to come in non-baby colors so I can make a hat!


4 comments:

craftyminx said...

too cute! I love the little flower buttons :)

torrance said...

those are soooo cute!!
and yeah, i also thinks everyone has used that pattern. that pattern is great :)

katie said...

your booties are absolutely adorable!

Sam said...

The booties are really nice. I just finished making the first one and need to finish the second. The booties are new to me, but I think you're right, everyone has seen them.
Happy Knitting!
Sam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...