Saturday, November 24, 2007

FO: First Hedera!





Yes, I finally finished the first Hedera sock. I had trouble with the lace pattern in the beginning and I think that put some bad vibes into the yarn and kept me from working on it as much as I should have. (Bad vibes? Did I really say that?) Anywho, the sock is done and it fits wonderfully, I can't wait for the second one to be done so I can wear these babies!






The yarn is Crystal Palace's Maizy (82% Corn Fiber - 18% elastic nylon), the fabric feels great and it was nice to work with except when it came time to kitchner the toe. Oh how the yarn fought me! But I still love this yarn and will be continuing to collect it and pack it in the sock yarn box like a squirrel. Oooh, and there are going to be some new colors for Spring, I'm really excited about "stormy purple" and "earth."




Wanna see what I got at Joann at the after Thanksgiving sale? I finally got one of those gator shaped craft supply holders I've been coveting, half off of course!






It's made by Clover and I think it's going to be the perfect size to fit stitch markers, measuring tape, point protectors, scissors..........


Well, I'm off to work on the neckwarmer I started a couple of days ago:


2 comments:

Vegan Knitting said...

Your Hedera looks great! I have some Maizy yarn I'm about to start knitting with. I was going to make some Monkey socks but know that I see yours knit up...

torrance said...

Looks really, really good! I bet you are really glad you stuck with it, even when you had trouble

That maizy stuff looks really fun when knitted. Stupid lucky americans with your vegan sockyarns ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...