Thursday, November 29, 2007

FO: Quickie Cowl


Hey look, I finished something! Just in time for the horrifying cold here in Minnesota, I knit up this cute little cowl. It's the Quickie Cowl by Fawn Pea, and it's a great pattern, very easy. It called for a bulky weight yarn, so I used 2 skeins of Patagonia Nature Cotton held together, one pink variegated and one orange and US size 11 needles (8mm). I think this made some kind of super duper bulky yarn though, because my first attempt made something that was almost as big as my ottoman and would easily cover my whole face:



I was in total knitters denial when I was knitting this the first time, why didn't I stop when I knew it was coming out crazy huge? Well, at least it didn't take long to knit, although frogging something that's made with 2 yarns held together is a pain in the butt. So I tried again, this time casting on 23 stitches instead of the called for 38 and it all worked great. It's very warm and gives a nice little peek of color to my black winter gear.


5 comments:

Süßstoff said...

This looks like my sort of project... I love it!

Cass said...

I LOVE it and I have the PERFECT yarn for it!

I have a hard time finding good vegan bulky yarn that's not 100% cotton, do you?

VeganCraftastic said...

Oh yes, good vegan bulky yarns are very hard to find!

craftyminx said...

very cute! I love it.. clicking on ravelry as we speak :)

torrance said...

Oh, this is very cute!
Haha, "knitters denial" I know that so well :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...