Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Granny-Vision





Granny squares never used to appeal to me. Not before I could crochet, and not when I just started out. But now, when the colors are just right, I find myself admiring the things.




I've tried several times before to make the Larger Than Life Bag from the Spring 2007 issue of Interweave Crochet, but the pattern has always stumped me. But today the planets must have been aligned perfectly, (or my boyfriend wasn't home so I could focus) and I made me a square! See:






I'm using all sorts of colors of Sugar n Cream Cotton, love that stuff! I also made a scarf to go with the Unoriginal Hat I made for my boyfriend's niece, I hope she likes it!:



(ETA): There was a question about my scarf so I thought I should give a few more details. It's crocheted using a US G hook and various acrylic yarn I had in the stash, some Caron Simply Soft, and some soft Bernat stuff.

4 comments:

craftyminx said...

ooh pretty! I feel the same about granny squares. I now find them beautiful... weird.

Nomsa said...

I really dig your scarf. Did you crochet that?

torrance said...

Your granny square rocks! It took me quite a while to get the hang of those too. But when I finally did I felt like the queen of the world! ;)

I'm sure your boyfriend's niece will absolutely love your gift

affectioknitter said...

Hi Kala,

I love the granny squares - very nicely done. I'm tagging you for a meme.

Thanks,

Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...