Sunday, November 11, 2007

Unoriginal, and kind of cute

I kept thinking about how cute the Unoriginal Hat by the Yarn Harlot was, and I finally decided to just make it. I had some Caron Simply Soft Quick in the stash from last year and started the hat a couple of days ago. But as I was knitting, two things were becoming very apparent. One, I did not have enought yarn. Two, this thing was not going to fit me. Yes, I know the pattern is not sized for a large head, and yes, I used smaller needles than the pattern called for, but I thought it might magically work out. But I love the finished product, it's just a bit too small for me. But I think it would look really cute on my boyfriend's niece so I'm going to give it to her for Christmas, along with a scarf probably. See:


Yay, my first finished cabled project! I thought cabling would be a lot harder, but it's actually pretty simple.
Have you seen the new vegan sock yarn from Kollage Yarns called Luscious? It's 63% cotton/ 37% nylon elastic and it comes in 185 yard skeins. It comes in 19 solid colors and 9 variegated. I definately need to try this yarn out, too bad I can't find it locally. Now I just have to decide what color to try! I don't know why I haven't checked their yarns out before, they also have a corn yarn and some soy and cotton yarns.

1 comment:

torrance said...

That is really cute! I love the big cables!
I should really do more stuff with cables..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...