Friday, December 28, 2007

Post Christmas Glow

I love Christmas, I really do. A few years ago, not so much, but I'm really loving it now. It must have something to do with where my life is now, versus just a few years ago. Yay!

Oooh, my mom got me some yarn! She got me some of that Bernat Bamboo that I wasn't too impressed with when I saw it at the store, but I really like how it knits up. It's really really soft too. It's 89% bamboo/11% acrylic and comes in 63 yard (57 m) skeins. She gave me four skeins in "dill" and I've already started making something out of it. I'm designing a rustic cabled scarf and I'll post the pattern when it's all done! See:








Do you know how much it sucks shopping for jeans? It sucks a lot, really. But I need new ones because my old ones are always on the verge of falling down, not so cute. It's not so becoming to be constantly hitching up your jeans in public, ah, such a lady! But I can't complain too much because I'm finally getting off the weight I put on when I moved down here to the twin cities. Something about stopping exercising completely and eating without care just didn't agree with my waistline, hmmm. But I've been on Weight Watchers since November and I'm down 15 pounds, whoo hoo! I'm only 8 pounds away from my goal, and I'm very happy about that. Oh, and Weight Watchers is shockingly vegan friendly! I'm doing it online, no meetings or group weigh-ins for me.

1 comment:

torrance said...

Love the beginning of the scarf! I bet it will look perfect! So nice that you got yarn for christmas.

I know how hard it can be to find a good pair of jeans. That's one of the reasons why I'm totally and almost exclusively into skirts ;)

Congrats on losing weight. But I got to say judging by your pics you really didn't need to loose it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...