Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tofu on your head





Well, sorta kinda. See, I was at Michaels the other day with the boy scoping out yarn as usual. I was looking for a nice variegated number for Quant, but had no luck whatsoever. But then I spotted something new, well I don't know how new it actually is but it's new around here. It's Bernat Soy Natural Blends! It's 50% soy/ 50% acrylic and comes in 134 yd (122m) skeins. They only have light and baby kind of colors so I ended up getting 2 skeins of Oatmeal. The boy helped me pick, I put the different color skeins on my head and he told me which ones looked best. No, I'm not weird! I haven't swatched this stuff up yet, but it is soft soft soft and I can't wait to work with it. I'm thinking hat. But which pattern to use? Here's some patterns I've been eyeing, this might help for holiday knitting too because hats are such great gift items:

Foliage from the Fall 2007 Knitty





So what are some of your favorite hat patterns, either knit or crochet?

1 comment:

Amethyst said...

I saw that at Michael's, too. I really wanted to get more (I have one skein of Flax, but I don't know what to do with it), but resisted. I noticed there were empty bins with labels like bamb/lin, so maybe there will be more new blends soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...