Sunday, January 20, 2008

Fear not your knitting




Is it silly to be scared to try new knitting techniques? Maybe, but I was terrified of entrelac before I actually tried it, now I get it and I lurve it! I'm making Quant, but a smaller version using sock yarn, my beloved Panda Cotton in Sable. It's a wee bit hard to see the entrelac squares, but I love it anyway!


Oooh, I finished a sock, see:


They're for my fiancee! I'm waiting to start the second sock until I get done with Quant, I don't like to have tooooo many things going on the needles.

But back to fear and knitting. I think the fear for me comes from not wanting to spend loads of time on something and then having it come out like shite or that I just won't be able to figure anything out and I'll feel stupid. So, dear reader, what are you afraid of trying in the yarn universe?

4 comments:

torrance said...

niiiiiice!
I reallyreallyreally should try entrelac too :)

Michele said...

Quant is gorgeous!

Check this out:
http://www.badknitgirls.com/
Vote for me? Pleeeeease...

Monica said...

Yummy Panda Cotton that!!! I really want to try it. I should also tackle big projects like lace stoles and sweaters...

drlaura said...

the boyfriend socks are a MUST for our CPY blog - CPYsocksblog
do say yes!
drlauraAsirius@gmail.com
blessings
L

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...