Friday, February 29, 2008

Aurora Borealis





Tuesday nights are a lot of fun, that's knit night at Borealis Yarns in Saint Paul. I go whenever I can because the conversations are so lively and it's so inspiring to see what everyone is working on. A few weeks ago, some of the ladies decided that it might be cool for everyone who wishes to join in to make a Borealis scarf, a scarf that suggests the colors of the Aurora Borealis. The pattern we ended up using is the Multidirectional Scarf which is a fast and easy bias knit scarf. I've been going back and forth trying to decide what yarn to use. I had some leftover Marble from a hat I made for my mom so I cast on to see how it would work in the scarf:





I think I'm liking it so far, it has fairly long color repeats that look nice in the pattern and the colors work for the theme. But does the scarf make you think of this?:


3 comments:

torrance said...

Wow! Very Cool!

Al said...

Hey! I drink coffee right next door to that place!

affectioknitter said...

Yep - it sort of does...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...