Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Josephine, you slag!





So I finally cast on my Josephine top the other night and didn't get too far in before I realized something evil was happening. It all looked very loose and the changes I made to the pattern (subbing a textured stitch for stockinette) weren't helping. When I laid it out to measure it, I was suprised to see that if I kept going and made the back the same side, it would be over 20 inches too wide. After a bit of cursing and damning I tried swatching on some smaller needles (some US size 3 sock needles I had laying around) and liked the fabric much better. Luckily, last night was knit night at Borealis so picking up new needles was no problem.



Speaking of buying new stuff...















You know I've been dying to get my hands on the Comfort Sock yarn. A store in the area finally got some in, The Yarnery. Oh, and is this stuff soft?







Um, yeah. Just a bit.

1 comment:

affectioknitter said...

Oh that yarn looks so nice and comfy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...