Sunday, February 03, 2008

Save the Date!

You know, before getting engaged, I had never even heard of Save the Date Cards. These are cards that you send out farther in advance than the regular invites to give people a heads up about your wedding. And of course I had to make mine myself! See:



I love birds (well, images of birds anyway!) and I thought the nesting theme was appropriate so yeah. These are my faves:





I didn't use any sort of tutorial, I just kind of made it up as I went along. I got some of the supplies from Paper Source and various bits from all sorts of other paper stores. The bird and nest images are from this really cool tin of stickers I got from a paper store in Minneapolis that was going out of business. They're by Cavallini and Co. who make lots of cool paper things.


5 comments:

LotusKnits said...

Wow those are so cute, Kala! I hope you're enjoying the wedding planning, it can be so much fun.

p.s. if you need cheap ideas let me know, my hubby and i got married on less than $1k.

torrance said...

I've never heard of save the date-cards.. but then again i'm finnish ;)

they're really lovely! I love the nesting theme

Kasia said...

I love your save-the-date cards! So pretty! Enjoy your wedding planning and congrats on engagement (just found your blog through Ravelry)!
It's always great to see DIY bride-to-be at work!

Süßstoff said...

So pretty!

JFibers said...

I think that these are amazing! You've done such a great job of creating a little piece of art for all of those invited to your special day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...