Saturday, April 05, 2008

FO and pattern: Laizy Maizy Socks








The Laizy Maizy Socks are done [Ravelry Link] and the pattern is ready, yay! I love these socks (I'm wearing them right now) but I might be giving them away as a Mother's Day present, we'll see. I've made the pattern into a pdf so it's much easier to use than what's here (copy and pasted from Word isn't always pretty) but here it is for those who don't have the pdf love, enjoy!:

************************************************

Lazy Maizy Socks
by Kala Patterson of VeganCraftastic

The Lazy Maizy Socks feature simple lace cuffs that are cute and easy to knit, perfect for lazy day knitting and wearing!

· Yarn: 2 skeins of Crystal Palace’s Maizy (82% corn fiber, 18% elastic nylon)

· Needles: set of US size 2 (2.75mm) dpns, or size needed to obtain gauge.

· Gauge: 8 stitches/inch in stockinette in the round.

· Size: Women’s Large. I made these to fit me (I wear a US size 10 shoe and have an 8 ½” ankle) and to be slightly looser than regular socks. As is, they are perfect for a lazy day at home but you could easily go down a needle size to make more snug socks.


Instructions:

Cuff and Leg

1. Cast on 60 stitches. Distribute stitches over the dpns and join for working in the round.
2. Work 10 rounds of 2 X 1 rib.
3. Knit 3 rounds.
4. *YO, K2tog* repeat across round.
5. Repeat steps three and four 7 more times or until the leg is desired length, ending with step 3.

Heel Flap

1. Knit 30 stitches onto 1 needle.
2. Purl these 30 stitches, ignoring the rest for now.
3. *Slip 1, K* repeat across heel stitches.
4. Slip 1, Purl across heel stitches.
5. Repeat steps three and four 13 more times.

Turning the Heel and Picking up Stitches

1. K 18, ssk, K1, turn.
2. Slip 1, p7, p2tog, p1, turn.
3. Slip 1, knit to 1 stitch before gap, ssk, K1, turn.
4. Slip 1, purl to 1 stitch before gap, p2tog, p1, turn.
5. Repeat steps three and four until all heel stitches have been worked.
6. Knit across the heel stitches.
7. With the same needle [Needle 1] pick up and knit 22 stitches along the edge of the heel flap.
8. With another needle [Needle 2] knit across the held instep stitches (30 stitches).
9. With another needle [Needle 3] pick up and knit 22 stitches along the other edge of the heel.
10. Knit 9 stitches from Needle 1 onto Needle 3.




Gusset

1. Needle 1: Knit to last three stitches, K2tog, Knit 1.
Needle 2: Knit
Needle 3: Knit 1, ssk, knit across rest of needle.
2. Knit.
3. Repeat steps one and two 15 more times. You should then have 15 stitches on both Needles 1 and 3 and 30 on Needle 2.

Foot

1. Knit even on all needles until the foot is about 1 ½” less than desired total foot length. For me, that was 51 rows of stockinette (yes, I counted!).

Toe

1. Needle 1: Knit to last three stitches, K2tog, K1
Needle 2: K1, ssk, knit to last 3 stitches on needle, K2tog, K!
Needle 3: K1, ssk, knit to end of needle.
2. Knit
3. Repeat steps two and three 7 more times. You should have 7 stitches on both Needles 1 and 3 and 14 stitches on Needle 2.
4. Knit the stitches from Needle 1 onto Needle 3.
5. Kitchner up the toe and you’re done!


Copyright Notice: Please feel free to use this pattern for personal use (non-commercial). If you do use this pattern and post your project online, please link back to this site!



******************************************

9 comments:

toxiferous said...

Those look really great!

Wendy said...

Hi-
Excellent pattern and I have just the right yarn in mind!!! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

torrance said...

very nice socks! I love the name :)

drlaura said...

Ooh you've done it again!
lovely. did i tell you i'm size 8?
LOL.

drlaura
will post these pretties on the CPY blog CPYsocksandmore

L

Kate said...

those are adorable. They'll be in my list of many things to get to. :)

Margaret said...

I have taken up the sewing and knitting bug again. I saw your sock patterns and I will be trying some of them. I gave all my old and I mean old pattern books to our daughter Andrea who collects all the rubbish I can give her that I have been hoarding for years. I put a 1934 jumper on my blog site. thanks for Your great site. Margaret

Juliette said...

I am fairly new to knitting but decided to knit socks because my feet are so cold! (blue toes and all) After searching far and wide for the perfect pattern, I found yours. Thank you for posting. I think they are the cutest socks, and I can't wait to wear them! (Learning as I go, should be done around April) ha ha BTW-I love your site! Juliette

Susie said...

I'm making these for myself now. Thanks so much for sharing!

tiffannysketchbook said...

just randomly found your blog looking for maizy patterns! glad to meet another vegan knitter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...