Monday, May 05, 2008

Field Trip: Living Green Expo





Yesterday was pretty big fun, the boy and I took the free bus trip over to the Living Green Expo at the fairgrounds. I'm not normally really big on expos, mostly because I envision creepy guys with bad toupees selling siding or AstroTurf. But this was different (although there were guys selling siding). There were a bunch of cool alternative vehicles:






Exhibits galore:





And there were even some vegan friendly food samples. Here's me going double fisted with the hemp milk:






Oooh, and Galactic Pizza had a food booth upstairs and they were selling vegan pizza by the slice, soooooo good, I love them! I usually get my vegan pizza fix at Pizza Luce but Galactic Pizza does a lot of great stuff like delivering pizzas with electric vehicles, using recycled or biodegradable packaging, and having yummy vegan goodness.







And then there were the hilarious things like people walking around talking about how much they care about the environment while eating a hamburger. Yeah, more than a little stupid. I'm not perfect in green-ness by any means and I don't claim to be, I don't think anyone is, but if you think you're "living green" by taking the bus and using the right light bulbs yet you're still eating animals, you are absolutely kidding yourself. For more on this topic, please read this post from No Whey, Jose!, it's awesome.


So all in all it was a fun time and there was some good food, always a plus!

2 comments:

LotusKnits said...

What an awesome expo! I love that little car! I agree with you about eating meat, though I find it hard to give up *all* animal products sometimes. I need to work on that more!

torrance said...

Haha, I know! I think "I'm an environmentalist" meat-eaters are almost as funny as the "i'm very into animal rights"-lacto-ovo vegetarians :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...