Saturday, May 17, 2008

I don't like being busy


I reeeeeallly don't. I like working on things at my own pace and not having some scary looming deadline of death and destruction. But maybe it's not best to think of one's wedding that way. I really am looking forward to it, I'm just also filled with anxiety, stress, and the knowledge that nobody is going to know each other.





Above and at the top shows my progress on my Prairie Tunic from the Spring 2006 issue of Interweave [Ravelry link to project]. I'm close to being done with the decreases on the back and it's going really well. I thought it might be a little maddening knitting a top using size 3's, but so far so good. And I am loooving the color, yay for brown!




So after being tortured yesterday (shopping in vain for wedding shoes) I stumbled upon this new knitting magazine at Barnes and Noble. It's called Verena and it has something to do with Burda as well. I think it's a US version of something that's been out in Europe for quite a while. It has a ton of patterns (over 50) and some of them are really cute, definitely give it a look if it's available in your area.

5 comments:

Julia O'C said...

Sure, your wedding guests don't each other now, but they'll know each other by the end of the night.

It will be fabulous and wonderful and it will all come together beautifully.

Keep breathing.

yoel said...

That chocolate brown is lovely. It looks like twist stitch...or do you twist your stitches?

VeganCraftastic said...

No, it's not twisted stitches, I think it's just the way the picture came out. But the yarn is a little crunchy and twisty so maybe that's way you're seeing.

torrance said...

I feel for you. I hate deadlines too

drlaura said...

i subscribed to verena just now, after finding that same issue.
love love the work you did - color choices and all - on the petal wedding invites.
your dress - if you didn't go for the legging and white strap look instead - is smashing.!
re celebrity non-match, i think you used a photo of you that
lacks your quirky novelty as a person - maybe you should try the one with the hemp milkshakes? i think you're more the audrey hepburn type anyway.
.... and love love love the bracelets. how brilliant.
so have you reknit the lacey leaf scarf?
off to read more
blessings, L
drlaura
ps got any CPY Cotton Chenille?
i have a smashing new - not socks!- pattern for you to try...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...