Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Awww, you guys!

Thanks a bunch to everyone who left such nice comments, you guys are awesome!!!!


Ok, so on my little honeymoon in Duluth, I stopped by Yarn Harbor (how could I pass up honeymoon yarn?) I picked up 6 skeins of 2nd Time Cotton in Berries, I've used this yarn before for one of my Everlasting Bagstoppers and really liked it so I thought I'd give it a go as sweater yarn. The pattern I'm using is the Neckdown Summer Cardigan (pattern #221) from Knitting Pure and Simple, it's a really cute short sleeved cardigan knit in worsted weight yarn. Here's my progress shot:






It's coming along disturbingly fast, I started it last Wednesday and I'm not usually a very fast knitter.


So have I mentioned how much I love knit night? Well I do! Last night we had a really fun yarn swap where we all brought in yarn, magazines, books, and needles to swap. I unloaded some stuff that I knew I would never use and some magazines that no longer thrilled me. Want to see my super awesome score?:









This my friends is when it pays to be the only vegan in a group of knitters. Less competition! I scored all sorts of stuff but right now I'm most excited about the 8 balls of GGH Bali. It's very soft and yummy, very very much like Berroco Love It. I don't know what it's going to be yet but I'm super excited about that much free yarn!



2 comments:

torrance said...

Mmmmmm... yarrrrrrrrrn

Jenny said...

Aw I want a mannequin to put my partially finished stuff onto too! I get mannequin envy hehe. Perhaps someday :)

Awesome yarn finds too. Free stuff is always better :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...