Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Blues Are Still Blue




Before I even talk about the pair of socks I just finished, I want to show off the lovely handmade knitting journal my friend over at JFibers made for me as a wedding present. See, isn't is gorgeous?:





Ok, so onto socks. Waaaay back in March I started a pair out of Berroco Comfort Sock, their semi-new acrylic/nylon blend yarn. Well, I finished one and then put the other one on hold for quite a while to work on design stuff. But the pair is finally done:


comfortsock4

I used my standard sock pattern from Getting Started Knitting Socks and my trusty US size 2 bamboo dpns. It's a little chilly in the apartment today so I'm giving them a test run, so far they're really comfy and keeping my feet warm but not sweaty, which is of course nice. Oh, and the colorway is #1811, Hari Hari and I used way less than one ball to make this pair. Each skein has 447 yards (412 meters), so that's quite a bit of sock yarn for me.

Ok, that's it for now. I should have another post soon about our bowling trip, hint - I did something really stupid!

1 comment:

JFibers said...

Wow lady.. you are going sock crazy! Good for you!
They all look great. Missed you at knitting on Tuesday. I brought Mina and wanted to introduce her to you... next time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...