Monday, June 30, 2008

FO: Ellie!

ellie1

Who did I spy this poking around the park this afternoon? It's Ellie the bamboo elephant! Aren't all elephants made out of bamboo? Yeah, I thought so.

I'm super happy with my little Ellie, she's knit out of 2 skeins of Crystal Palace's Bamboozle in Fall Herbs using US size 5 (3.75mm) needles. I used Susan B. Anderson's Elefante pattern and it was wonderful, very easy to follow. Here's the Ravelry link.

ellie2

The Bamboozle was lovely to work with, I was scetical about the stretchiness but it worked great for little Ellie. If you've used Panda Cotton before, it's like a thick version of that yarn. Although I think Bamboozle came out first so I guess Panda Cotton is like a thin version of Bamboozle. Love it!

-

2 comments:

Meema said...

What a sweet Ellie! I need to move that pattern up the queue!

torrance said...

hehe, I love her! I think she looks great in that multi coloured yarn. You must be a genious, I can't get knitted animals to look that cute

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...