Friday, July 25, 2008

Borealis Scarf





This scarf has been on the needles for a very long time. Since February to be exact, which for some might not be a terribly long time. Anyway, it was meant to be finished in time to wear it to the Yarn Harlot with some of the ladies from knit night at Borealis. We were all going to knit scarves from the same pattern, Karen Baumer's Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf. But fate stepped in and my husband (boyfriend at the time) got me tickets to Jesse Malin as a present.





Of course it was on the same night and I can't say no to Jesse! I was sad to miss out on the Harlot, but I had gone the year before so it wasn't so bad. Plus I got to see Jesse! Ok, back to the scarf.







The yarn is Marble by James C. Brett in the Berries colorway and it's a lovely color-changing acrylic. I used US size 8 (5mm) straight needles and just finished yesterday. Not that I've worked on it much since February. But when I brought it along up to my parents' house earlier this month, my mom saw it and loved it so I decided to finish it and give it to her, either for Christmas or her birthday in November.

-

2 comments:

torrance said...

Very nice scarf! And the yarn you choose seems perfect for this pattern.

JFibers said...

Great scarf little lady!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...