Saturday, August 02, 2008

FO: Honeymoon Cardigan

littleredcardi1



Holy Shemp, did I just finish something that isn't socks? Indeed I did folks, I finished my sweater that I started in June. June 5th to be exact, right after we got back from our honeymoon in Duluth. It's been close to done for quite a while, but I couldn't decide what kind of closure to do. In the end, I realized that I never wear little cropped cardigans like this closed so I might as well leave it open. So I finished the fronts off with some garter stitch, wove in the ends, and called it a day. And I love it! (even if I look annoyed in the picture). Here's how it looks on my dummy:


littleredcardi3



The pattern is Knitting Sure and Simple's Summer Cardigan #221 (Here's the Rav link). I made mine in XS (36" bust) and used just under 2 skeins of 2nd Time Cotton in the Berry colorway. I bought the yarn on our honeymoon at the very lovely Yarn Harbor (I totally recommend going if you're even close to being in the area). I used US size 7 (4.5mm) needles and did the bulk of the knitting in around 2 weeks, it's really a very fast knit, and it's topdown so you can try it on as you go. The pattern was super simple to follow and the result was a simple but lovely garment that's very versatile. Yay for successful knits!






6 comments:

Turtle said...

So cute!

torrance said...

I love it! Very cute, and I love the colour. And you're very pretty!

Michele said...

Adorable on you-- love it!

Alaina said...

Love your cardigan...great job!

I love Yarn Harbor and try to get there as much as possible!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks great on you. Having seen the color in person, it's a really pretty dark red tweedy sort of yarn.

The Yarn Harbor people are friendly and they stock a lot of yarn suited for northern mn winters -- tons of Lopi and Dale and worsteds.

--norseland

Jenny said...

awww so cute! The cardigan looks great on you - great color for your complexion too :) -- As for the Firefly contest - SHINY! - But I have a set already too :) Hope you're doin well, Miss :) Good job with the Ravelympics :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...