Monday, August 11, 2008

Going for the Gold!

I normally wouldn't care even a tiny bit about the Olympics, but the Ravelympics, now that's something I can understand! I sort of went back and forth about whether or not I wanted to play along, (you know how I hate deadlines!) but I figured it could be fun to challenge myself and I'd have something 100% done at the end of it. So what's my project?:





It's a vest from Berroco called Badia. This is actually the back of the thing, but the front is going to look the same so yeah. The yarn I'm using is a very orange shade of GGH Bali and I absolutely looooooove it!!!! It reminds me a lot of Love It but it's a bit thinner. This lovely yarn was free too, I got it in the yarn swap we had at Borealis a while ago. I don't know if I'd normally be drawn to orange, but I think it's good to step out of your color comfort box every once and a while.


It's coming a long really well, the pattern is very easy to follow and I'm staying very monogamous to this project. I might have made a little more progress by now, but I took a trip to Maple Grove yesterday to finally check out Amazing Threads. Oh my gosh, it's awesome and I wish it was closer! They had all sort of lovely and tempting vegan yarns and a huge amount of books, booklets, and magazines. Here's what I finally picked out:




It's a super huge-gantic ball of bulky purple yarn! I took a picture of it with a skein of Maizy for scale. This big boy is James C. Brett Marble Chunky and it's 100% acrylic (very soft though). You get 341 yards and it cost $12.50, not bad. I'm thinking hat and mitten set.

Well, I wish I could say that I'm off to knit but I have annoying things to do today like drop off a job application. Did I mention I'm looking for a job (shudder)? Well, I am and I can safely say that it's no fun at all!
-

3 comments:

yoel said...

Wow! You're really far along on this vest! Love the color, too.

Guinifer said...

Good luck with the job hunt!

Amazing Threads is a huge temptation - I'm kind of glad they're not so close to me.

JFibers said...

No way, a job??? Are you crazy? Don't do it! Go back to the dark side and stay away from that light! My summer holiday is almost over, can you tell?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...