Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Wee Knits





Cute eh? I love this little hat, so much that I ended up making 2! See, I made the first one way back in May for a friend from knit night who was having a baby in August. But then my sister in law had her baby a little early and she was uber tiny so I had to send her this hat, it ended up being the only hat that would fit her and it stopped her from shivering in the hospital. Shivering babies are just no good! But I loved how cute the hat was so I knew I had to make another one, plus some socks:







The pattern for the hat is Cherry-O by Susan B. Anderson from her wonderful book, Itty Bitty Hats. I used 3 colors of Tahki Cotton Classic (love the colors that yarn comes in) and US size 7 dpns.


For the socks, I used the Fixation Baby Socks pattern and some leftover Fixation from some socks I made for myself. I altered the pattern a bit, I knit them on dpns instead of circs and did the heel a little more like a traditional heel.


A bunch of us also worked on a knitted and crocheted baby blanket for the mommy to be, here's the Flickr link for more pics from the shower.


-

1 comment:

Veronica said...

That's sickeningly cute. You're renewing my faith in the color pink. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...