Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Hook Up




Hey, I actually did some crochet this week! I made two hats, one for Mr. Husband and one for my niece. I forget how much I like crochet sometimes, and it's so fast! I cranked out a hat in a couple of hours, a lot faster than if I had knit them. Shane's hat:








Hat for little nieceling:




For both hats I used the Boy Beanie pattern from The Happy Hooker book (that's the book that I learned how to crochet from!). I modified it to be worked in a spiral though because I kind of hate the chain and join with slip stitch method of crocheting in the round. On the second hat I also carried the stripe yarn up instead of breaking and joining new yarn to save on ends to weave in. You wouldn't think there'd be too many ends from looking at it, but holy crap! I used Vanna's Choice for the main color of the hats and Caron Simply Soft for the stripe colors, all from stash. For Shane's hat, and if I wanted one for myself, I had to do one extra row of increases to make it big enough. Overall, I'd totally recommend this pattern, it's super easy and super cute!

-

4 comments:

affectioknit said...

Those are both really pretty!

Tracie (mscrochets) said...

Ah, I'd forgotten that book had a hat pattern in it like that. Those would make great hats to give to charity. I like how yours turned out. Gotta love crochet! ;-)

Ninni said...

Nice... why don't my crocheted beanies look that nice? Of course, the problem is propably with my head, not the hat. When a person has a big head and lots of hair, she tends to look stupid in a beanie... hmmm...

Senja said...

I should really learn to crochet better, I think I can make a long line of single stitches:)

PS see my blog for an award for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...