Monday, September 22, 2008

Tree Jacket Progress Report





After some issues with the neck, the Tree Jacket is coming along very nicely, I love the ribbed turtleneck I'm doing instead of the called for lacy neck deal. I'm a few inches past the armholes so I decided to take it off the needles, put on my big padded bra I plan to wear with it, and give it a try on:






I'm really loving this thing so far, it's simple but with just the right amount of interest. And the pattern is written incredibly well, I'll definitely be checking out more Zephyr Style stuff in the future.



This past weekend I took my very first trip to the Saint Paul Farmers Market and it was awesome! Vegan paradise I tells ya, cheap and gorgeous veggies as far as the eye could see. We got a ton of stuff for a tiny amount of money and I even ran into someone from the Tuesday knitting group at Borealis. There are a ton more pics here, but here are some of my faves:














Well, I should get dressed and get my stuff together for the gym. Working out might not be the most fun thing in the world but it does feel good afterword and when I exercise regularly I don't have to be anywhere near as strict about what I eat. After losing almost 30 pounds with Weight Watchers last fall/winter, I've actually been doing really well on the maintenance part of the program which is way harder for me than losing weight. I really thought Weight Watchers was going to be totally lame but it really works for me and is super vegan friendly which was shocking to me.


-

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

the jacket is looking beautiful!!!! i love the color on you. congrats on the weight loss/maintenance! i lost about 30lbs last year as well but uhh..yeah i've gained about 20 of it back :/ but that's good to know that weight watchers is vegan friendly! you look great!

Senja said...

Oh I miss the Minneapolis Farmers market I used to live close to it and went often. Love the jacket!

Anonymous said...

Purlia said...
I just started Weight Watchers last Wednesday and was feeling very overwhelmed by how much weight I need to lose. I can't tell you how cool it was to read that YOU - tiny, itty-bitty, gorgeous YOU - lost 30 pounds on Weight Watchers.
Though you didn't do it on purpose, thank you for the encouragement! I really needed it.

wickedliz@hotmail.com said...

Hi - we don't know each other, but I stumbled on your blog a while back when doing some sort of vegan knitting search, and I check in with you regularly now. I'm up in St. Cloud, so I don't get there very often, but I go to the SP Farmer's Market whenever I possibly can, and I swear, I nearly pee myself with excitement every time. I've got to get back down soon for some parsnips -- no one up here grows them! Anyway, um, yeah. Love from another MN vegan knitter! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...