Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Finished Things




Yay for finished socks! I started these way back in July while I was visiting my parents and they have been worked on bit by bit ever since. The really cool thing about these socks is the yarn, it's Sockina Cotton by Schoeller and Stahl and it's very yummy and soft. They're very comfy, I started wearing them as soon as I finished them while I was visiting my in-laws this past weekend. Speaking of that visit, I finally got to meet my new niece, look how cute she is:





Ok, back to knitting. I finished this hat sometime in September but for some reason never took a picture:







I'm calling it the Slacker Hat because when I took pictures of myself wearing it, that's the first thing I thought of:


It fits nicely on my gigantic head which is cool so I'll be making another one and writing up the pattern at some point. The yarn is Vanna's Choice (you gotta love yarn that has Vanna White on the label!) and it's pretty soft and very affordable which is always nice. My idea when I started it was to make a hat that reminded me of pumpkins without actually being shaped like a pumpkin. Not that I'm above making myself a super awesome version of the pumpkin baby hat :)
-
p.s. Thanks to all of you who left such nice comments on the last post, your words and thoughts are very comforting during this difficult time.
-

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...