Thursday, October 09, 2008

FO: Candy Corn Babies!




Vegan candy corn, the most elusive of all beasts in the sugar coated land. I will eventually make some of my own from this recipe, but these guys are going to have to do until then. The pattern is the Amigurumi Candy Corn from the Lion Brand site and I used random yarn from the stash. Of course, I couldn't just make candy corn, I had to add little faces! I used some yarn for the mouth and tried out safety eyes for the first time. I like how the eyes look but they were a pain to put in, I had to have Mr. Husband push them in place for me. I totally recommend this pattern, I cranked out four of these little guys last night and have plenty of yarn left if I want to make more. Yay for Halloween crafting opportunities.






-

5 comments:

affectioknit said...

Those are so cute - I want to try the candy corn recipe soon too!

JFibers said...

Hey lady-
Where did you get the safety eyes? I've looked all over for them but have yet to find them. Glad to see you're back online. Hope things are ok with the hubby.

Tracie (MsCrochetS) said...

Those are really cute!

destinyskitchen said...

I love the look on that last guy's face. It's like, "Oh shit, I'm about to get eaten by some kid."

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Aww, I adore these! I hope someday you'll make the candy corn, it's not so bad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...