Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Whipping the WIPs

Things that I'm working on that are coming along painfully slow:




This is my Tree Jacket and I'm beginning to wonder if the sleeves will ever be done. I'm in that black hole part of knitting where I measure the sleeve length, knit for what seems like forever, and the length has hardly changed. Oh the sorrow! I also lost a bit of steam on this earlier in the month when I tried it on after I finished the body and was kind of disturbed at how it looked. It's pretty clingy on the body because the fabric biases and I'm kind of eeked out by having stuff too tight on the tummy. Hopefully I'm just being psychotic and it'll look really cute when I'm all done.


I've also been working on this:




It's the Baby Soft Cardigan from the Knitters Book of Yarn and I'm liking how it looks so far. I'm using Blue Sky Alpaca's Organic Cotton for the very first time and it is crazy soft! It's a bit hard on my hands though, there's something about worsted weight 100% cotton that gets to me, it happened a bit with Fantasy Naturale as well. But thin cotton is usually fine, like the stuff I was knitting on size 3s for a (hibernating) tank top. Anyway, I'm using Lion Brand's Nature's Choice organic cotton for the pink stripes on the sleeves. It's going to be a Christmas present for my niece and I couldn't resist sneaking a bit of pink in there. I think it's going to be too big for her though, we visited recently and her parents said she's just now the size and weight of an average newborn (she was born in June). But it'll fit her eventually!


I'm also working on some pattern stuff for some socks that will be available next month on the the Yahoo group Sockathon. The pattern will be free but you have to be a member of the group to access it. The socks are super cute (yay for picot edges!) but I can't show them to you yet, but that's ok since I haven't taken a really good picture of them yet either.


-

2 comments:

torrance said...

Hang in there, the jacket is going to look awsome!

JFibers said...

The baby sweater looks great! Love the pink. Keep plugging along on your blue sweater. It's going to look great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...