Wednesday, November 05, 2008

FO: Baby Soft Cardigan



Wheee, it's finally done! I started this in early October but I took a big break from it cause, well cause that's what I do. I really love how it came out though, I used this pattern from the Knitters Book of yarn and 2 kinds of organic cotton, one from Blue Sky and one from Lion Brand. Very similar yarns at very different price points. I made the 6 month size and didn't make any major changes to the pattern, it'll still be huge on my niece though because she's barely the size of an average newborn and she's 5 months old. I did stripes on the arm because I thought it added a bit of whimsy, you can't have a baby sweater looking too serious!





And I found the perfect buttons last night at Borealis, little kitty heads:




3 comments:

Anne said...

LOVE IT!!

Julia O'C said...

Adorable! And even over the internet, it looks incredibly soft.
Don't worry about it being too big. I dress my kids in oversize sweaters all the time - it sort of adds to the whimsy factor. I'm sure your little niece will get lots of wear out of this adorable sweater.

affectioknit said...

That's so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...