Sunday, November 30, 2008

Little Trees Pattern




So last night I went a little Christmas crazy. After going through the little tub that holds the ornaments for our table top tree, I realized that we have pretty much no decorations. I didn't want to go nuts buying a bunch of stuff so I came up with these cute little crocheted trees from yarn that I had in my stash. They're insanely easy to make and look great scattered around the apartment. The ones at the top are the original ones I made in green with one skein of Vanna's Choice and one skein of Crystal Palace's Little Flowers in Dappled Forest. I also made one in blue using one skein of Bernat Satin in blue and one skein of Fizz Stardust in Sky Blue.






Finally, I made one in pink using one skein of Lion Brand's Organic Cotton in Almond and one skein of Crystal Palace's Fizz Stardust in Petal Pink:





The pattern for the Little Trees is free and is available in pdf on Ravelry or here. Enjoy!

-

10 comments:

Anne said...

The trees were so cute, that I decided to try them in some left over yarn, even though I have not crocheted in years...... I now have a funky reddish sombrero. I think I will try again!

affectioknit said...

Those trees are so CUTE!!! I love them!!!

Anne said...

OK, now I have two sombreros (? spelling). So I must be using the wrong yean or crocheting too tight or.... help!

VeganCraftastic said...

Anne - can you e-mail me at craftytofuATyahooDOTcom and I'll try to help you?

robyn said...

This is a fantastic idea. I will be making a few to go on our tree this year. Thank you!!

affectioknit said...

Hi again, Kala,

You won an ornament in my Advent giveaway - send me an email with your address and I'll send yours out right away!

Thanks,

Teresa

tina522 said...

I love these little trees. I made one and it turned out adorable. Thanks for sharing this really cute pattern.

KY said...

Hi Kala,

These little trees are truly adorable. Thanks for sharing. I'm an Editor for FaveCrafts.com and took the liberty of linking to your blog from my round-up post on 22 Free Holiday Crochet Patterns.

See the post here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/22-free-holiday-crochet-patterns-round-up-part-1/

Thanks!

Kristen
Editor
FaveCrafts.com

Zoe said...

So cute! I love that the green one looks like it has its own little decorations!

treewool said...

cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...