Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Socks for the Mister and Liberation from Clutter



Another Christmas gift done! I made some basic socks for Shane because he really likes and wears the socks that I knit for him. He wears his more often than I wear mine actually.

The past few days have been really crazy around here. I've been cleaning and clearing out stuff like crazy. I'm finally coming to terms with the size of our apartment and the fact that I just don't have the time or space to do a lot of the things I have the supplies for. It's been such a great process, I love getting rid of excess stuff because I feel so suffocated when I'm surrounded by clutter. I even got husband into the spirit of letting stuff go and he hates to throw anything out. I ended up having so much stuff to go to Goodwill and Half Price Books that I filled the whole car and then some. I haven't even gone through my clothes yet and I'm sure that'll be quite a pile. Most of the stuff I ended up letting go was fabric, I just don't have the room to sew as much as I might like and I've really been more into yarn stuff the past couple of years anyway. So I went through and only kept the fabric that I absolutely love and donated the rest. I'm not done with the process by any means, but I'm so happy and proud of myself for what I've done so far. Yay!

-

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...