Thursday, November 06, 2008

Waffles and Fake Tattoos

Not real waffles, Blueberry Waffle Socks:




These are going to be for my mamacita for Christmas, she's been asking for socks so I hope she likes these. The pattern was great, the waffle pattern is super easy to work and memorize and it give a nice squishy soft effect to the socks. I used less than 2 skeins of Berroco's Comfort dk in an awesome purple color and US size 5 needles which seemed huge for socks because I'm used to 1.5 or 2's.

Ok, on to the fake tattoo:

tat1

Since I was a little kid, I've always liked drawing on myself and having other people draw on me. So every once and a while I ask my husband to give me a "tattoo" of whatever he feels like drawing on me. This one on my leg is cute but if I had remembered that I wanted to go to the gym today I probably would have had him put it somewhere less public. Oh well, it's a good thing he's too nice to draw or write something really embarrassing (I'm not nearly that nice.)

-

2 comments:

Emma K. Nolan said...

I just bought some Comfort dk yesterday I was wondering how well it worked out for socks. I saw some people on ravelry thought it was a little soft, but it looks really nice here!

Süßstoff said...

Oh, I love waffles - the real ones and your blueberry ones too! What a great color!
I really should get ready for some serious winter knitting too now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...