Wednesday, December 03, 2008

6 months, 30 years




December first was a big night, it was our 6 month wedding anniversary! Oddly enough, it was also my parents' 30th anniversary. I got the flowers that are in the picture above (I steered him in the right direction a few days before in Whole Foods, he's been getting me roses and I absolutely hate roses but I haven't had the heart to say anything - plus it's just nice to get any kind of flowers at all). I also got some chocolate, an absolute must for any occasion! We decided that since our anniversary was so close to Christmas, instead of getting each other gifts we'd pool our funds to get something we'd both like. So it's a toss up between Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour - if you didn't already know, we're both total video game geeks, with me leading a bit in the geekery. Oooh, I even wore my "wedding ring" that day:




This is the el cheapo that we got as a stand in for the wedding. I still haven't found anything that hasn't made me gag, although I have to admit that I haven't been looking that hard. We went out to dinner somewhere new, Cafe Agri, I don't want to get too much into it but the food was just awful and don't expect to get good service unless you order the expensive wine - that was our experience and I've read it in several other reviews. But if you like unseasoned dry food and being ignored by your server, go for it! We also had some car trouble that night (the door pretty much fell apart from the inside and wouldn't open) that was the fault of the guys who fixed it when it was broken into last year, but other than that, it wasn't too bad of an anniversary. Ooooh, and chocolate peanut butter vegan shakes from The Wedge make EVERYTHING better!!!
-

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Congratulations!

JFibers said...

Yeah... I can only hope I get there too one day. Congrats! Missed you at knitting on Tuesday. Hope all is well.

stcloudliz said...

Those chocolate peanut butter shakes at the Wedge are my FAVORITE!! So yummy. I also <3 the cajun tofu sandwich...mmmm, now I want Wedge deli!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...