Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Beady McBookmarks




Bead stores are dangerous. Maybe even more dangerous than yarn stores because beads are pretty, shiny, and can be pretty cheap. And then there are the charms. And the kits. And ribbon...


Anyway, my local bead store The Bead Monkey is having a special where you bring in a donation to Toys For Tots and you get a 50% off coupon for a kit. I always donate at least one toy each Christmas to Toys for Tots anyway, so I thought this was a really cool thing. All the kits were gorgeous and tempting, but I thought maybe I should get something that I could make and then give as a Christmas gift. I decided on the Bookworm Bookmarks because they seemed like good gifts for my dad and Shane. I know some guys might be ooged out by something with beads but I'm not surrounded by macho types so I think it'll be fine. They were super easy to make and I'm not all that skilled when it comes to jewelry type stuff. Here's the one for my dad:




And one for Shane, I added a bike charm that I got at the same place:


So after the coupon the kit only cost $5 and you get enough materials to make two bookmarks -not bad at all! If you're local and you haven't been to the Bead Monkey, you should really check it out. Plus, if you go to the Saint Paul one, it's really close to the Yarnery...
-

2 comments:

Trinity said...

That is dangerous information you just shared!

Kristen said...

Hey! I live in St. Paul! :) And I just found your blog because of your contest post on Ravelry and I've been reading backwards. Keep posting the local gems! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...