Saturday, December 27, 2008

Knit 1


Did everyone have a nice holiday? Mine was great, I'll have book reviews galore in the coming weeks, but today I wanted to talk about all the stuff I'm in love with that's in the new issue of Knit 1.
First of all, I love the new look and layout, it's cleaner and a bit more fun. Now on to the patterns.





My favorite thing in the whole magazine is the Garter Yoke Cardigan by Melissa LaBarre of Knitting School Dropout fame. It's such a cute and simple sweater that would be endlessly wearable, I must have it! Plus it's knit top down, gotta love that.





I also adore the Rainy day Fingerless Gloves by Elli Stubenrauch, they're so cute and whimsical! And can you ever have enough fingerless gloves?






There are also some really cute Chinese Zodiac amigurumi patterns you can get free from their site. I'm especially fond of the tiger and the monkey.




And finally, Marlene by Cookie A. So gorgeous but I don't know if I'd ever actually get around to knitting them. I can dream though...


-

3 comments:

Süßstoff said...

Lots of great choices! I'd love to have all of those. Too bad I'm so lazy these days and can't bring myself to do any sort of crafting! What are you going to knit first?

Julia O'C said...

Oh, that garter yoke cardigan is speaking to me, too! I love it.

Lolly said...

That cardi is definitely a winner. I love the simplicity of it. I want one too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...