Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Heartsters




Coasters, little doilies, whatever you want to call them, I'm calling them heartsters because of the heart motif. I saw these in the latest issue of Crochet Today and fell in love, they're super cute and gave me a chance to practice following slightly more complex crochet directions. I used stash yarn for these, the smallest red one is Hempathy, the small pink one is Paton's Grace, and the large pink one is Sugar N Cream. I used a D hook for the small ones and a G for the big one.






For the first coaster, I followed the directions and didn't change anything. For the next ones, I left off the last round, I think you can see the hearts better that way. I think I'll make a few more of these as Valentine's presents for my mom, they're cute and pretty easy too. It's crazy, I actually made something from a current issue of a crafting magazine I bought, madness!

-

2 comments:

torrance said...

awww! highly cute sweetheart!

yoel said...

These are awesome! Like valentine doilies, except cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...