Friday, January 09, 2009

January is all about pink

And maybe red. Here's what I've been working on:






I'm making myself another pair of Sweetie Pie socks, in Panda Cotton again, in the dotty Lollipops colorway. I've had this yarn for a while and keep staring at it, trying to imagine what it would look good as. Not that the socks look great in this picture, but I'm happy so far, the yarn looks much better knit up than it does in the skein.


And I've been sewing! I've really missed sewing but with all the junk I had in my sewing area, it just wasn't possible to work on anything. But now that I've purged a few tons of stuff I can get my sew on again! I'm trying my hand at project bags:






Not as hard as I thought they might be, once I figured out what I was doing. You see, about 99% of my sewing experience comes from the quilting world so somethings sewing anything 3D is confusing. Plus it has a zipper and zippers are scary. This is the first one I made, isn't the fabric fabulous?:






The lining:







I played around on the second one to see what would happen and ended up with this cute mini bag:







I've learned a lot from both bags and plan to make more until I get them exactly how I want them to be. But I only have one or two zippers left so I need to make a run to Treadle at some point. Yay for a new year and new projects!

-

10 comments:

affectioknit said...

The bags are just adorable!!!

Michele said...

Love all the pink! Beautiful socks!

chelsea said...

those are great!!! i love the fabric..what great choices!

yoel said...

The lining fabric is such a delightful surprise!

Julia O'C said...

Those bags are WAY cute! Do you have an Etsy shop?

gleek said...

i love both bags!

Stephanie said...

Cute bags! I really need to make some bags for sewing doo dads and projects. Your fabric is great!

Found you from Ravelry... love your blog!

Sarah said...

where did you find the pattern for those cute bags?? or did you make it up? xx

Kristen said...

Those bags are so fantastic! I don't know how to sew, but that makes me want to learn. Did you use a pattern?

VeganCraftastic said...

I looked a few tutorials and got the most help from the one at dragonflyknits (?) It's one of the first ones that come up when you google "box bag tutorials"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...