Friday, January 02, 2009

Waffles!

My first post of 2009 will be about.....Waffles!



The husband and I made a big batch last night so we could freeze them and have a stash. That way I can just throw one in the toaster oven when I get a waffle desire. I already talked about these on the food blog, but I'm obnoxious and want to share them here too! The recipe is an all-time favorite, it's Isa's Lemon Corn Waffles and it's in her first book and online at the ppk. I leave out the lemon, add more flour, add vanilla, and of course add some chocolate chips. Not so much that it's too sweet, just enough for some extra zoom. Zoom is an important part of a balanced breakfast you know!




-

10 comments:

Doublebanker said...

Always been a big fan of cooking up big amounts of food to store for later. My fridge just doesn't have the room anymore with a couple kids.

Sarah said...

These look so good! New years resolution - to learn how to make some! :D

Vegan Knitting said...

Yikes! Those look really good.

Nettie said...

They look yummy! Can you give some storage tips?

VeganCraftastic said...

Nettie: I usually just cut them in half and throw them in a ziploc freezer bag. I used to wrap them in parchment first, but then I stopped and I can't really tell the difference.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, homemade frozen waffles.

-norseland

beatnik said...

those look absolutely delicious!
and what kind of camera do you have? all of your pictures always come out so nicely!

beatnik said...

yeah, im kinda on the lookout for a new camera, mine looks like its been through a hail storm. Oh, and the bracelet is yours, if you want it! if yes, let me know and i'll get your address from ya and ship it off!
peace,
beatnik

Ninni said...

What a way to start the new year. Looks yummy.

lil songbird mama said...

ummm delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...